Project Overview: One Pencil at a Time Website
A website is a great help to promote One Pencil at a Time (OPT) in the community. It will increase numbers of volunteers, donors, donations, and promotions. We are a small group who accommodates schools from remote areas with a maximum of fifty (50) students.
OPT ask for donations of unused pencils and books but also pre-owned but still usable supplies as well. We will not encourage people to give money but would rather receive these items or their time. Thru this website we can help the children to learn and to reach their dreams.
- Development of a new website using a Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Training to ensure Organization’s staff members can update content and manage the site post-launch.
Note: This project is for a website built with a Content Management System (CMS), such as WordPress, Squarespace, Joomla, or Drupal. A CNS-based website can be maintained and updated easily (no coding required!)
How This Will Help
- It will help OPT to collaborate with individuals and other groups, especially NGO’s.
- Provide fast and accurate information and updates.
- To increase the numbers of volunteers
- To increase the numbers of people who wants to adopt a pen bank.
What We Have in Place
We only have Facebook and word-of-mouth as a way to spread our mission and vision. We need more people who will actively share One Pencil at a Time (OPT) in as many social media outlets as possible.
Fun Fact (about the Organization)
One Pencil at a Time (OPT) is not your typical travel organization. In fact, it doesn’t focus on travel alone. OPT focused on traveling to remote and small community to provide pencils and books to the children who need it.
OPT’s adventures are always meaningful with on helping impoverished children from remote communities. We call it “Makabuluhang Paglalakbay”. We focuses specifically on communities that rarely get any help from the outside world.